Thursday, April 15, 2010

Classes again :)

Well tonight was another set of classes I have been giving while Im here in Tepic. As requested we had chicken fried rice and strawberry crepes! strange combo I know but hey it was delish none the less.

My first class is the serious group. My second has two brothers in it and I swear all I can think is "Herald and Kumar" every time I see them. Non stop jokes from those two.

I started by dicing all the vegg, onion, peppers, celery, carrots and scallions. Once everything was diced up the students and I took turns piling everything up on plates to be fried. (totally changs Mongolian grill style) lol.

I had so much fun explaining all the different things that were not so common in the community. ie, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil.....

Wow what an experience. The kitchen was bustling with people and the smells were amazing. I could seriously do this teaching thing.... I loved trying everyone's creations!

( personal note..... ponder teaching possibilities when I return home, although I could see a weight gain down fall involved with this life decision. So on second thought, teaching was fun while it lasted. Ill leave the experience in Tepic!) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment