Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vegetarian service for 10

My first vegetarian dinner for 10!

Wow I am not going to lie this was a bit daunting t first because I literally had no idea what to prepare. I wanted something filling yet fresh. So after googling (yes I google as a hobby) local fresh ingrediants and top ten Vegetarian food eats I decited to go italian!

The appetizers were fantastic I made garlic crustini with a ridiculously thick puttaneska sauce. (tomato, olives onion, parsley, capers, sundried tom) to dip the crustini into. woohoo BIG HIT!

The entree was delish I prepared a trio of mushrooms simply sauteed in butter and a little bit of sage and crushed garlic. (I think I used two full bags of mushrooms in this one) I needed it to be hearty atop the pasta since there was no meat. I had walked into town and bought some fresh pasta from the whole wheat bakery I blogged about last week. Spaghetti was one of my three options at the store and thats what i went with! I made a delish Alfredo sauce and it was heavy on the Parmesan cheese! (I plated with the oh so classic noodle twirls a laded of Alfredo to cover and a whoppin serving of yummy shrooms! It looked and smelt amazing!

I needed something light and refreshing so I made a salad. using an onion two cucumbers, two zucchini, mushrooms, mozzerela, basil, and tomatoes I putt a medium dice on everything. It was time consuming because I wanted it perfect but well worth it because it was simply gorgeous!

They loved it and good thing I bought so much pasta because two of them actually asked for more! wow!

So I guess maybe I should not have stressed so much about this dinner. In the end it went off without any glitches and everyone was satisfied.

(from what i tasted in the kitchen while cookin this was a winning dinner and I will be sure to use this recipe again)

Wich led me to ponder..... Maybe I should try bein a vegetarian?! It certainly is healthy and can lead to weight loss :) Also allowing me to broaden my culinary horizons?! Ill think a little more about it and let yall know!

Sunday morning I will be going to a local vegan resturant! This will be a first for me and I cant wait to let yall know how it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment